As a brand that prides itself on staying true to the Fair Trade and sustainable values upon which it was founded, Marula Pure Beauty Oil is proud and honored to have won CEW’s ECO Beauty Award. Below are some of the ways the brand works to leave a positive footprint:
- Marula Pure Beauty Oil works to protect biodiversity by engaging with the national departments of forestry to help communities plant indigenous trees and protect against “slash and burn agriculture.”
- The Marula tree grows wild, therefore, no pesticides or man-made irrigation are necessary.
- Only fallen Marula fruits are harvested – by hand, consuming no electricity in the process. The extraction of the oil is also performed by hand (unlike many of the brand’s competitors). No chemicals or solvents are used in processing or filtration.
- The processing operations create no waste. The only by-product is a high protein seed cake, which the company resells or provides for free to rural farmers for use as animal feed.
- Raw materials are stored in recycled cardboard rather, than plastic.
- Outer packaging includes recycled paper and the company offers reusable inner packaging that can be refilled.
Not all Marula oils are created equal. Marula Pure Beauty Oil is derived from wild-harvested, hand-selected Marula nuts and cold pressed for a level of quality and purity that is simply unmatched. Pure Marula Facial Oil is available at Marula.com, Sephora.com, and specialty retailers across the US at a suggested retail price of $78 for 50 ml.
PR Contact: blue sky communications, 212-995-1777
Linda Falcone: Linda@blueskypr.com | Abby Littleton: Abby@blueskypr.com | Rayna Mallah: Rayna@blueskypr.com